If like me you end up with leftover rotisserie chicken and don’t want to make the obligatory chicken salad then I have the perfect dish for you. This turns your leftovers into a completely different dish that includes your vegetables. Plus it’s perfect for those quick weeknight meals when you are up to elbows in homework.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 box (9oz) frozen broccoli cuts
- 1 package (8oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 jar (15oz) four cheese Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded italian cheese blend (4oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (8oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook chopped bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon drippings.
- Microwave broccoli as directed on box. Set aside.
- In same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon bacon drippings. Add mushrooms; cook over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Stir in bacon, broccoli, chicken, Alfredo sauce, cheese and pepper until well blended.
- Spoon into baking dish.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles.
- Starting at short side of triangle, roll each triangle up halfway. Arrange over top of hot filling, alternating triangles to fit in baking dish.
- Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown.
- Cover with foil last 10 minutes of bake time to prevent over browning, if necessary.