Do you find yourself eating eggs made the same way scrambled or fried? Then how about we change that up with this easy and delicious recipe fro Italian baked eggs. Made with ingredients you already have in your kitchen you can now wow your family with this twist on a simple breakfast.
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fat free or lowfat milk
- 1/4 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil two 10-ounce ramekins or coat with nonstick spray.
- Divide marinara sauce evenly into the ramekins. Top with eggs, milk, gruyere and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place into oven and bake until egg whites are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with basil leaves, if desired.