With summer around the corner and warmer weather we are eating more salads. This is a family favorite made with broccoli and fresh ingredients from the garden.
- 1 head fresh broccoli
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 red or yellow pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- cook bacon well done. Drain on paper towel till cool then crumble.
- while bacon is cooling cut broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Slice onion and peppers into thin slices.
- Place all ingredients in bowl.
- whisk together mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar together till blended.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix.
- chill for an hour and serve