This main dish is always a hit at our house and it is simple to prepare. Give it a try tonight and let me know what you think.
Sausage & Artichoke Bolognese
- 1 (12-oz) jar roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 (4-oz) links frozen pork (or chicken) Italian sausage, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 oz ziti pasta
- 1 (12-oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese blend
- Chop peppers, tomatoes (2 cups), and garlic.
- Chop olives; set aside. Chop parsley; set aside.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add sausage; brown 5–6 minutes, stirring to crumble sausage, or until no pink remains.
- Cook and drain pasta following package instructions.
- Stir into sausage: garlic, peppers, tomatoes, artichokes, and pesto; cook 3–4 minutes or until heated.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in cream and olives; cook 2–3 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens slightly.
- Stir parsley and pepper into sausage mixture add pasta to sauce and Mix.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve. Pair with bread or salad and you have a great meal. bon appetit