One of my favorite things to cook is a recipe that I can make in a large batch and then use all week in different recipes. Today i have one of those type of recipes to share. At my house mexican food is a huge hit so when i found this recipe for Mexican Black beans and corn it was a stroke of luck.
Not only can this recipe be eaten alone with just a spoon but you can eat it with chips like salsa. It can also be added to scramble eggs or an omelette as well as tacos, salads, enchiladas or even a topping for burgers. It is very versatile you are only limited by your taste buds.
- 15 oz Drained, rinsed and cook black beans
- 15 oz Frozen, thawed corn
- small onion diced
- 2 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 tbsp Onion Powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Drizzle of preferred oil
- Add onions to a pan with drizzle of oil.
- Cook on medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add thawed corn and cook 2 minutes.
- Next add the black beans and cook until beans are warm through.
- Add seasonings and mix well cooking an additional 2 minutes as you mix.
- Remove from heat and serve