With fresh berries popping up everywhere I can’t help but keep my freezer full with them. I love making fresh blueberry pie, muffins and even cobbler with them. Nothing taste like summer the way warm blueberry cobbler with cold vanilla ice cream on top does.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups of fresh whole blueberries or a combination of fruits (or a 12-ounce package of frozen berries)
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position, and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put butter in an 8-inch square or 9-inch round pan; set in oven to melt. When butter has melted, remove pan from oven.
- Whisk flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Add milk; whisk to form a smooth batter. Pour batter into pan, then scatter fruit over batter. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tb. of sugar.
- Bake until batter browns and fruit bubbles, 50 to 60 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream or a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.