Recently I have been trying to eat cleaner. I have tried every fad diet out there with out success so after a long talk with my doctor I decided it was time to start eating cleaner. It is taking small steps at a time but this is one of my new favorite recipes that I eat a lot of. The best part is anything goes.
As you will see in the photo there isn’t any spinach mainly because I was out. But instead I added a tomato with pepper and onions. You could just as easily add mushrooms. squash or even broccoli. As i said anything goes.
- 2 Large Eggs (or 1 egg and ¾ cup egg whites)
- 1 cup chopped spinach (sometimes I mix in kale and green onions too)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- seasonings of choice
- Start cooking eggs in skillet over medium heat
- Add in spinach (and other greens if desired)
- Add in quinoa
- Mix up and cook until eggs are at your desired consistency
- Sprinkle seasoning of choice
If you are going to add peppers, onions or mushrooms cook them a few minutes before adding eggs.