I love to cook but I hate the clean up afterwards. So whenever I can I try to make healthy one pot dinners that everyone loves. the one pot pasta dish is a huge hit with the family and is even better the next day.
- 12 ounces linguine pasta
- 1½ cups diced tomatoes with liquid (of 1 15 ounce can)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 sweet onion, cut in julienne strips
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly slices
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- handful of basil, chopped
- handful of spinach (optional) *
- 4½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place pasta, tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, in a large stock pot. Pour in vegetable broth.
- Sprinkle the pepper flakes and oregano on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Add ½ tsp salt and some ground black pepper
- Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated until there is about one inch of liquid left in the bottom of the pot.
- *Add the spinach 7 to 8 minutes into cooking.