It’s no secret I love my chocolate. Be it cakes, cookies, or any other dessert I love it. But since trying to eat clean I have also been trying to avoid overly processed food and desserts. Now however I have found this clean eating recipe for a delicious chocolate cake made with black beans. Though i can’t eat the whole cake at once it is nice to know I can still have cake.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 eggs
- 1 T vanilla
- 1/2 t salt
- 6 T coconut oil or butter
- 3/4 c sugar
- 6 T cocoa powder
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 T water
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9″ cake pan and dust with cocoa.
- Place beans, 3 eggs, vanilla, sugar, and salt into food processor or blender. Blend on high until beans are liquified.
- In small bowl mix together cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In mixer or large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Add remaining two eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Pour bean batter into egg mixture and mix.
- Finally, stir in cocoa powder mixture and water and beat batter on high for one minute until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes
- Cake is done when top is rounded and firm to the touch.
- When cooled frost with your favorite frosting.