My family enjoys a good pie usually it’s apple they request but in doing so they tend to eat the filling and leave the crust. So recently I have gotten smart adn started making the filling without crust. One of the best parts of doing this is it makes a great topping for many things. You can add it to your pancakes, on top of your oatmeal or you can have as a side to ham or pork. It is really verstile and very delicious.
- 4 cup sliced, peeled Apples
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup warm Water
- Place apple slices in bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup water and lemon juice and toss to prevent browning.
- In a saucepan, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water until blended.
- Add cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg. Whisk until blended.
- Add contents of apple slice bowl to saucepan and cook over low heat until apples are tender.