When I first married my husband 23 some years ago I was not aware that there wa such a thing as southern potato salad. Then my mother-in-law schooled me and now I make nothing but this recipe that is a family favorite of my husband’s. It’s perfect for a Sunday afternoon lunch or picnic.
- 5-6 red potatoes washed and diced
- 3 eggs hard boiled
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup Mustard
- 2 TBS sweet relish
- 2 TBS dill relish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place wash and diced potatoes in pan of water enough to cover potatoes.
- salt water with about a tablespoon of salt and bring to boil.
- cook potatoes till tender.
- While potatoes are cooking set eggs to boil.
- When potatoes are done drain and cool.
- Peel and dice eggs when done and cooled.
- Place potatoes, eggs, mayo, mustard, and both relishes in bowl or pot and mix.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for an hour or overnight if possible.
- Serve with favorite grilled meat or sandwich