I am a huge lover of mexican food but I don’t always want to go out to get it. So when I discovered this amazing easy to prepare chicken fajita recipe I was in heaven. Now I can enjoy my mexican food while in my comfy slippers. It’s so easy your will be making it for your family often.
- - 1 Red Bell Pepper / sliced
- - 1 Yellow Bell Pepper / sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper / sliced
- 1 Yellow Onion / sliced
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts / cut in half
- 2 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning*
- 4 Cloves Garlic / diced
- 1 Lime
- 1 10 oz Can Diced Tomatoes With Green Chiles / drained
- Add half of the sliced peppers and onions to your slow cooker.
- Next, layer the chicken and coat all sides with taco seasoning.
- Top with garlic, tomatoes (be sure to drain) and the juice from one lime.
- Add the remaining peppers and onions, cover, and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken and cut/shred into slices (chicken left longer will tend to shred more - cook to your preference).
- Return the sliced chicken to the slow cooker to marinate in the juices for about 10 more minutes (on LOW) until ready to serve.
- If you find that there is too much liquid, you can remove till there is a desired amount before serving.
- Assemble Fajitas to your liking
If you do not have red and yellow peppers you can use just green as I did. Also fresh lime can be used in place of a lime.