Looking for a hearty warm dinner for the family on those cool fall nights. Here is a family favorite of mine. It’s easy to prep and gets your kitchen smelling amazing while it cooks. Plus it’s a one pan meal so clean up is a breeze.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1⁄4 onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -4 pork chops
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Stir together soup, water, rice and 1/4 teaspoons pepper in a 3 quart casserole.
- Add onions.
- Salt and pepper chops and place on top of rice.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 1 1/4 hours or until meat is done and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes.