Around the holidays I enjoy all the festive drinks with peppermint but I don’t like the cost so because of that I started looking for homemade recipes I could tweak to my taste.. Here is one of my favorite homemade latte drinks with peppermint and perfect for those cool winter days.
- 2 cups hot coffee OR 5-8 shots of espresso
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao OR cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsp crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- 1 tsp liquid sweetener (your choice)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over Low heat, warm together the almond milk, coconut milk and cocoa powder. The heat will help the cocoa powder dissolve fully.
- Once warmed, stir in the hot coffee.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients
- Taste for sweetness. You may wish to add more sweetener or peppermint ingredient, to taste.
- Pour into two mugs and enjoy!