Just last week I spent a morning on a farm with my parents, then later that afternoon we were invited to the farmer’s home to have a turkey feast with his beautiful wife and three children. Among the dishes we devoured was Easy Salsa Turkey Meatloaf, and it was delicious.
It was the first thing I smelled when I walked into their kitchen, prompting me to pretty much immediately ask for the recipe. I was pumped to learn it couldn’t be easier to prepare, so I did at home the very next day. Of course I gave it my own spin and came up with Mini Salsa Turkey Meatloaves for your chowing pleasure.
- 1lb 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (2oz) shredded cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1Tbs garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, salsa, bread crumbs, cheese, egg, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until just combined.
- Divide mixture into 12 equal portion and place in muffin tin.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center, then let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Note: You can sprinkle a little extra cheese on top if your family loves cheese