At the holidays I love to bake and give homemade gifts. One of my favorite go to gifts is homemade peppermint cocoa cause who doesn’t love a thick, rich cup of cocoa on those cool winter nights by the fire. The best part about this gift is you can make extra for yourself to enjoy while snuggles with family watching christmas movies.
For gifting get some cute jars and decorate with pretty ribbon or string. Add gift tag that hold the instructions and a peppermint stick or a cute mug.
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar $
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Layer powdered milk, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, chocolate chips, and peppermint candy.
- Note: This mix will fill a 1-quart jar (12 servings), but if your containers are different sizes that's ok just keep the ratio of ingredients constant. On the back of the tag, write: "Mix contents in a large bowl. For each serving, place 1/3 cup cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup boiling water. Store remaining mix in airtight container."