Here is a quick yummy snack for when guest come over to watch football or in my case when the band kids gather at my house. This recipe is delicious and A big hit with kids because it’s like having pizza in bite size portions.
Note: not all ingredients are picture here but it is an easy recipe.
- 16 1⁄3 ounces pillsbury buttermilk biscuits
- 30 pepperoni slices
- 8 ounces cheese, cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- marinara sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Flatten biscuits; layer a pepperoni slice, cheese square and another pepperoni slice on biscuit. Gather edges and pinch closed at top. Place rolls in a small greased pan.
- Brush tops with egg, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with warmed marinara sauce.
- Tip #1: To keep the top from browning too much before baking is complete, cover with tinfoil.
- Tip #2: If you prefer more filling and less dough in each roll, then cut each biscuit of dough in half lengthwise through the middle (like a hamburger bun) and make each roll using half a biscuit rather than an entire biscuit. The dough cuts best using a serrated knife (bread knife) when the dough has barely been pulled from the fridge and is still chilled. I prefer this way.