Nutella M&M Brownies
Here I am again—that one college student that likes to experiment. I had a chocolate attack the first week of school; possibly due to stress but who really knows? And by chocolate attack, I mean that I would have had a heart attack if I didn’t get some delicious chocolate delicacy in my tummy. Flash forward to an hour later and I was ecstatic with what I had made.
This recipe was super easy to put together and made with items in my pantry that all just kind of worked itself into a plate of deliciousness. I decided not to make everything from scratch this time, because I just don’t always have the time.Other times yes, and you can browse the other recipes on this site for my “gourmet” home-made breads and such. (Seriously they are good ones) And when cravings come, you want something pretty fast but worth it. These yummy brownies were made with Nutella, a brownie box mix, a bag of M&M minis, and a few other ingredients that helped these babies be just the right touch of moist, chewy, and harder around the pan edges. (My little sister loves the harder edges when it comes to eating brownies). So basically these brownies can please everyone. Plus they are COVERED in M&M minis. I could die—they are my fave!
All You Need Is:
- Box-Mix Brownies (I usually use a Betty Crocker brand of Fudge-Supreme—Go big or go home, right?)
- Bag of M&M minis
- 1 Cup of Nutella
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
(This recipe always varies depending on how much Nutella I put in. You may have to add more oil/water if it’s too dry or add in each ingredient one at a time and check it so it’s not too runny.)
Super Easy Directions:
- Combine brownie mix with the egg and water. Mix well.
- Add in cup of Nutella and mix. If mix still needs a little moisture, add in the 1/4 cup oil. (You may also add more if you think it needs it.)
- Fold in the M&Ms into the mix. The Nutella can sometimes toughen up the batter if mixed too much, so mix it but don’t overdo it.
- Add batter to a 9×13 cake pan. (I usually crisco the pan or line it with tin foil and then spray it; cooking spray leaves residue)
- Cover the top of the batter with M&Ms either when you put the mix in the oven or halfway through. Either way works.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
And last but not least, you can walk away after making this recipe knowing that all your chocolate cravings have been satisfied!