Here is a quick meal for weeknights when you want to give your family a home cooked meal without hours in the kitchen. It’s huge hit with my family. they ask for it at least once a week.
- 2 cans of crescent rolls
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasonings
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning mix and 1/2 cup water. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. In medium bowl, mix beef mixture and cheese.
- Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 8 triangles. On ungreased large cookie sheet, arrange triangles in ring so short sides of triangles form a 5-inch circle in center. (Dough will overlap; half of each triangle will hang over edges of cookie sheet. Dough ring should look like a sun.)
- Spoon beef mixture on the half of each triangle closest to center of ring.
- Bring each dough triangle hanging over side of pan up over filling, tucking dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around ring until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little).
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into serving slices.