This Chunky Chicken Soup is the perfect meal for those cool evenings. It is also good for when you are feeling sick.
- 1 1/2 lbs. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breasts, halved
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups dry coleslaw mix
- Two 14.5-oz. cans (about 3 1/2 cups) fat-free chicken broth
- One 15-oz. can cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- One 14.5-oz. can stewed tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Evenly season chicken with 1/4 tsp. salt and the pepper.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces
- Place all ingredients in the crock pot and stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours,
- Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Season with remaining 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Serve up and enjoy!